Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Review of Immortally Yours by Angie Fox (Pub date 8-28-12)

Immortally Yours
Angie Fox
St. Martin’s Press
Publish Date 8-28-2012
ISBN13:9780312546663
320 Pages

The war between the immortals is raging out of control, in the balance hangs the lives of all the mortals on earth most of them never knowing what’s happening on the front lines in Limbo. One ray of hope is the prophecy that’s predicted to turn the tide. A healer is predicted to sound the charge and change the outcome. Dr. Petra Robichaud meets those predictions but she’s been burned before and is not in a believing frame of mind anymore until a certain Demi-God turns up on her operating table and not only makes her think the prophecy has a chance but also effects her in a visceral way that hasn’t happened in many years. Galen of Delphi is an immortal warrior who believes wholeheartedly in the prophecy especially when the sexy doctor saves his life, touches his soul and takes his heart. Galen knows she’s the missing piece of the prophecy puzzle but convincing her will be the hardest battle he’s ever fought. Will Petra and Galen fulfill the prophecy and save all the mortal and immortal souls or will they burn in the fires of Hades.

I have enjoyed Angie Fox’s Demonslayer series and when I opened the pages of her debut novel in her new series I thought I’d find something similar, I was right and wrong. I found the comedy relief that the first series provided but I also found a darker tale a story that held a more serious feel. She introduced me to many new characters and did a great job of building not only them but her new and dark world as well and makes me wonder where she goes from here. Her dialogue is what you might find on any battlefield, a take no prisoners speak that fits her story and characters well. Her romance between Galen and Petra have obstacles that seem impossible to overcome and their love scenes burn like the vents of Hades featured in her novel.
If you liked Angie’s first series I think you’ll like this one as well, if you’re into adult fairy tales, hard urban fantasy with a romance this one fits that bill as well. If you’re tired of the copy-cat series and are looking for something unique you’ll like this one too.
For Angie's other titles and more information on her upcoming novel visit her website here
To Pre-order the book go here





















9 comments:

  1. I love the humor in the books mingled with action and bit of drama but lots of sizzle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Luana, there was plenty of sizzle here, you'll love the sizzle
      deb

      Delete
  2. Oh this is going to be great. My sisters birthday is the same day. Guess we all know what she is going get. Love this chapter it promises this book will also be a hit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca for the post, I guess you'd better buy two unless you want your sisters to have flappy pages. :)

      Deb

      Delete
  3. Do you want to be hungry for more? I mean really hungry for more..... Just pick up any book by Angie Fox and I promise you shall want more and more.
    This new book promises to be just as tasty as any of her work I have ever read.
    Love The Demon Slayer books she has with the Harley Riding witches talking dog and all the crazy spells they throw at each other.
    When I sit down with one of her reads I go ahead and hire the housekeeper because I just don't want to put them down Just read one after another.
    Angie Fox is a very promising and up coming writer. And this new book is just as mouth watering as all the rest. If you have not read any of her work hurry to your nearest book store and pick one up That's all it takes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Angie's books and enjoyed your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lavendersbluegreen, I hope you have a chance to see the October edition of RT reviews Magazine, Angie's on the cover and has a huge interview inside.
      Thanks for the comment and the compliment :)
      deb

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to the release date Angie.
    I'm totally addicted to almost everything Paranormal, but especially love Gods, Demons, Vampires............Well like I said, pretty much everything!
    I'll definitely be getting this one too, and I'm so glad it will be available in print!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment Kazza, yes it'll be available in mass market pb I'm a paranormal fanatic myself and Angie is one of my favs.
      Deb

      Delete